South Lake Tahoe

I figured since my sister is on the other half of the country, I'd update her with my life here in California when I get the chance to.

So, before she left she gave me a Groupon deal to South Lake Tahoe. And for that, I am grateful because I had so much fun. My boyfriend and I stayed at The South Lake Tahoe Diamond Resort and it was an amazing place. They funny thing, half of the hotel was under construction and our room happened to stare out at the construction site. Good thing we found things to do instead of looking out at our boring view.

First thing we did was head out to Nevada, which was a whopping 3 minute drive from Tahoe. My boyfriend has never gambled before and I wanted to take him out and see if his beginners luck would pay for our little vacation! We had tons of fun, until I ran out of money...and Makoto was still going not losing any money nor winning anything. He basically won back all his money that he spent. I, on the other hand, spent my last penny and was annoyed. It was time to go back to the hotel. But nope, he still wanted to go check out the other casino's. By the time we got back to the hotel, it was getting dark and we were getting hungry so we decided to eat at the restaurant in the resort. They had a tasty little menu and we sat outside enjoying the last rays of the sun while it was setting behind the mountains.



The next morning we planned to go biking by the lake and that we did. While I was dressed up to go biking, Mako was dressed up to go to out for a nice walk (nice dress shirt and jeans) so we had to buy him some shorts! So we got to the bike rental place (Anderson's Bike Rental) around 11:30 and rented our bikes, they gave us a map and we were on our way out for some adventure. It was quite windy that day but we were tucked in the forest away from the wind. We got to see some beautiful views and rode our way down to Pope Beach, which was closed out to cars, but if you were biking you could totally access the beach and it was extremely serene.



We then made our way out to Richardson's Camp and stopped for a quick bite and then checked out the historical sites near by. We then went off the bike trail onto a dirt path that lead us to an extremely breathtaking place, Kiva Beach. The lake was to our right, and a quite clear little lake and marsh to our left. And behind it all, mountains with still a little bit of snow. I was soaking in all the beauty and didn't want to leave.


The last stop was after biking. We biked for about 3 1/2 hours and I was pooped out. We headed out to Emerald Bay for a quick view of the bay and lake. And it was quite beautiful as well. Everything around South Lake Tahoe is just so beautiful. That basically was our whole trip and one last stop at the casino's, and we of course didn't win anything. We enjoyed our time in South Lake Tahoe and can't wait to go back!


Comments

  1. yay!everyone blogging again! :D I miss you bum! Let's plan a kashia and maychee day! (and I"M SERIOUS) :D lets plan it in advance so no excuses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree May Chee :) I will text you soon and we can plan it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! I'm glad you enjoyed our stay there! I really want to go back there when we come to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts