San Francisco

This past weekend in Sacramento has been quite hot, like 109 degrees hot. Saturday was brutal and Mako and I decided that if I had the day off we'd head out to the bay to get away from this heat. Luckily enough, I had Sunday off and we made it a plan to head out to San Francisco.

I've been to San Francisco a bazillion times before. More than I can remember and I've been to most places in the city as well. But for the first time, I finally had the chance to check out the infamous Coit Tower in the Telegraph Hill neighborhood. We had to go inside to purchase our ticket and it cost $7 a person to check out the view from the top of the tower. There was also a line to get to the elevator and while waiting we enjoyed the painted murals that were wrapped around inside the tower. When it was out turn, we got on the elevator along with what seemed like 20 other people when in reality you could only fit 10 at the most. These little Asian boys all wanted to go on the elevator at the same time while squishing me and Mako and another couple. It was quite the scene. When we got to the top we had to walk up a short flight of stairs and finally reached the top. The windows were covered with plexiglass and locked, I guess for our safety, and there were a bunch coins just hanging out on the rims of the windows, in my head it was kind ghetto. But nonetheless, the views were spectacular.



Our next stop was to J-town (Japan Town). I have to mention again, I've been to the city numerous times but this was a first time I have ever been to J-town as well. Mako was surprised that I've never been to Japan town and wanted to show me everything. Basically, it's like China town, but Japan. There's a giant strip mall full of shops and restaurants. Everything cute and expensive. I really wanted to spend all my money here and fill up my house with stuffed animals and ceramics, but when it comes down to it...it's the food where you want to spend your money. I love Japanese food, and while we were walking through the mall you could smell the sushi, rice, curry and seafood. We were getting hungry just walking past the restaurants, especially the ones with fake food presented outside their windows to entice us. We finally decided on a place called "Yoshuku at On the Bridge" inside the mall. This place is small and not like your typical Japanese restaurant where you would find sushi galore. Instead you get a mixture of Italian and Japanese cuisine. A lot of curry and noodles. What we ended up getting was Chicken katsu curry don which was basically a bowl of rice topped with breaded chicken covered with curry, topped with an egg sunny side up. It was so delicious I said it was like soul food, for the Asian Soul.



 After stuffing our face, we walked around some more checking out all the little shops and finally decided to leave when we weren't buying anything. We made a quick stop at the Golden Gate Park because Mako wanted to show me Buffalo's in the Park, in which I didn't believe him that they were there. And of course, anything goes in the city and they were there. Real Buffalo's grazing on grass.
Our final stop was at The Palace of Fine Arts. I just absolutely love this place. It really is a grand masterpiece and the houses that surround this place are quite beautiful as well.



Comments

Popular Posts