San Simeon and Cambria - Part I

This is a trip we've been planning several months now. Although plan A is out the door (we were planning other locations near Big Sur) but because of the landslide and weather, a part of HWY 1 has been shut down so we had to plan plan B. Plan B was to camp near Hearst Castle in San Simeon and Cambria and then just play it by ear. And I can't stress enough how much I love the California Coast. Driving up and down HWY 1 really is one of my favorite drives. The Pacific ocean, the rugged coastline, the wavy roads, the beautiful green rolling hills during this time of year...how much more Californian can you get?

Also, this was a trip I'd never forget. Mako proposed to me. I was so oblivious, wondering around our hike looking out at the ocean, looking at elephant seals...and then I noticed he was acting a little awkward and got really quiet. And then he got on one knee...and I literally said, "what are you doing?" He was so nervous, barely finished his speech, lol. and of course I said YES! Can't wait to spend the rest of my life with this man. 

















Comments